Awards & Accreditation
Balloon Accreditation Scheme
The Balloon Accreditation Scheme is Bristol SU's way of recognising and celebrating the brilliant things that our student groups get up to.
Every affiliated group can achieve bronze, silver or gold by submitting evidence that meets the criteria. In return, they'll receive a range of rewards and opportunities.
Bristol SU Awards
The Bristol SU Awards are in early June and reward groups and individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to student life.
The categories are:
- Academic Representative - This award celebrates the work of a student who has gone beyond the day to day role of representing their peers.
- Bristol SU Staff Member - This award celebrates the diverse nature of staff dedication at Bristol SU and recognises the support that they provide to the organisation enabling students to make the most of their time at university.
- Campaign - This award recognises awareness raising activities run by students, predominantly for students.
- Collaboration- This award recognises groups of students that have collaborated on an event, activity or project to achieve a shared goal.
- Community - This award recognises the enormous contribution that students make in Bristol. The award could go to a student who has developed a community-based project, delivered volunteering or fundraising or been involved in community activities.
- Equality and Diversity - This award recognises an individual or group of students that have gone above and beyond in understanding and promoting Equality and Diversity, through accessible, exciting and engaging campaigns or events
- Society of the Year - This award recognises the contribution to societies of an individual or group at Bristol.
- Sports Club of the Year - This award recognises the contribution to sport of a sports group or team at Bristol.
- Student Leader – This reward recognises someone who is excellent at being a student leader.
- Student Media - This award recognises the role that student media plays in communicating with and informing students. This winner will be an individual, group or media product who have created real impact and engagement with students through their activity whether broadcast, online or in print.
- Sustainability - This award recognises an individual or student group who have gone above and beyond to create positive environmental, social or economic change at University.
- UoB Staff Member - This award celebrates the diverse nature of staff dedication at the University of Bristol.
The Society Awards are hosted by Bristol SU, usually in early June, and celebrate our incredible student groups and their achievments.
The categories are:
- Academic and Careers Society of the Year
- Campaigns and Causes Society of the Year
- Culture and Faith Society of the Year
- Interest and Skills Society of the Year
- Performing Arts Society of the Year
- Physical Activities Society of the Year
- Most Inclusive Society
- Society Event of the Year
- Most Inspiring Committee
- Individual Award for Outstanding Contribution
- The Good Times Award
- The Innovation Award
The Sports Awards are hosted by Bristol SU, usually in early June, and celebrate everything sporting at the University of Bristol.
The categories are:
- Most Improved Player - the member of your club or team that shown skill and determination this year and really upped their game!
- Most Improved Club - the club that has gone from zero to hero this year and made progress in any/all measures of success including performance, participation or club development!
- Innovation - an individual, club or project that has been innovative this year. They could have created new projects, collaborated or truly thought outside of the box to improve sport at Bristol University.
- Charity - an individual, club or project that has done some truly amazing work to raise money for charity.
- Contribution - an individual who has gone above and beyond throughout their time at Bristol to improve sport at Bristol.
- Team of the Year - the team that has had a truly remarkable and successful year.
- Club of the Year - the club that has had a truly remarkable and successful year.
- Coach of the Year - an individual that has provided the best support on and off the field.
- Sports Personality - an individual that has had a truly remarkable and successful year.
The Development Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) are happy to help you write nominations for other awards, such as the National Societies Awards.
If you win any awards, please let us know so we can shout about your success!
You can get recognition for attending extra-curricular courses and workshops, as well as a variety of other Students' Union activities through the Bristol PLUS award, run by the Careers Service. The award provides a framework to reflect on the skills you have gained and learn how to articulate them effectively to future employers.